Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Week Down!









It's hard to express how much love and support I've received. I thank each and every one of you for your continued prayers!


My dear friend, Jaclyn Carey arrived after Mother's Day and stayed for the week. What a week...it just seemed that each day was unpredictable as far as energy. I guess I can say that the Drs. were right - the chemo and radiation can really wipe you out. Of course, I didn't think it would happen to me, but Jaclyn helped pull me through each and every day...from cottage repairs to reminding me to breath!

She also helped keep my spirits up by reading inspirational prayers and books. We had a wonderful time together. Thank you Jaclyn, words are inadequate to express my appreciation.

Of course with the lower energy levels together with some computer issues, I have not kept up the blog as much as I would like. Please keep up your prayers and note that the settings have been changed on the lbog so anyone should be able to post a comment without necessarily being a "member"...so your comments are always welcome. My address is also listed in a previous blog.

My energy may be lower but my faith is strong! My sister Susie is here, sister Peggy is coming this weekend and brining our youngest daughter Gretchen. I cannot wait to see her! Our other two kids, Ben and Adelyn are a bit too wrapped up with finishing school on a strong note but I'll see them in a few weeks.

The picture of the tasty treats is of frozen yogurt from the famous Pinkberry...California's trendy, yummy yogurt establishment. The flavor on the left is pomegranate green tea with fruit and vanilla with chocolate on the right. Mission accomplished Jaclyn!

Thank you again everyone!

Greatfully yours,

Bridget

9 comments:

  1. i'm so happy gretchen is coming out ! that should help your spirits alot ! i'm sorry the treatments are so draining on you,all i can do is pray and send my love !!
    i hope to see you soon at home !
    LOVE & HUGS !!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Bridget!!! My thoughts and prayers continue for you each and every day! Wishing you a peaceful day!
    George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Bridget!

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend planned! I am sure Gretchen is very excited to see you -
    Have fun!
    The yogurt looks really, really delicious... interesting flavor!
    Hang in there - many prayers, Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you made it to the Pinkberry! Yum! You look beautiful. Will look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Sally Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope the microwave is working for you my friend...it was no easy task getting that in the cottage!! And what can you say about Pinkberry???...gotta get that chain here in Minnesota.

    Bridget you have been absolutely amazing!! Your body has been going through so much in order to heal and repair; and your faith WILL carry you through this. You are so close to being done with your time in CA...and the blessings were all mine to have the time with you there. Lots of Love, Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget:) The end is in sight...you are awesome, amazing and I am in awe of you!!! You took this negative experience and made it a positive one the entire time, a learning experience for all of us! My faith has been deepened because of you...Thank you:) I cant wait for you to get home, bet your more than ready for your own bed??? The girls were telling me that Gretchen is SOOO exicted to come visit, I bet you cant wait to snuggle her up:) BIG HUGS GOING OUT TO YOU!! Hang in there hon!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bridget! I ran into Gretchen yesterday at school and she told me she was coming out to see you. It's such an amazing story you have and you are truly an inspiration to all! I can't wait til you get home. I think of you all the time and keep sending you our prayers!! Hang in there!!
    Sending you a big hug and many, many prayers!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bridget & Susie ~ I will be arriving tomorrow with Gretchen! I can not wait to be with you and see how things have changed since I was there last. Bridget keep up the good energy you seem to pull from somewhere. It isn't long until you are home. Everyone wants you back as soon as possible. Keep in mind this will be the hardest time the closer it gets. Just think of kids at Christmas - they just cannot wait as it gets closer. We should have an advent calender for you! I love you and am so excited to travel with Gretchen and see you soon. Love, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So what is this Pinkberry phenom? I think that Letterman talks about it...or is that JambaJuice?? At least I am pretty sure that Seinfeld promoted the Pinkberry stuff. Say what you will, I don't know how any frozen concoction can beat lemon ice gelato outside, in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome. Have you been there? I smell a road trip coming on! Chris and I are going to Italy in September with Jenny and Frank Aberger (also from Newman Parish) and I will bring some back...yeah, right...no matter HOW much I like you, I doubt that I could resist temptation for that long!!! It is GOOD!

    You are on the countdown now...everyone is anxious to have you home! Look around for celebrities...there aren't many back here at home!

    ReplyDelete