Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Photo Tour


Hi everyone, Tom here. Just a quick note to let you know that if you are interested one of the following links should give you a photo tour of some of the sites we have been seeing while out here. I think you'll see just how healing this place is not only from the excellent medical care but also the beautiful grounds and approach to treating the whole person...body, mind, and spirit.


The first pictures are with Bridget's amazingly skilled and humble neurosurgeon, Dr. Badie, then pictures from the grounds (see the white "cottages" we are staying in), Bridget with the tye-die shirt and white hat after the first day of radiation, and a relaxing day at Santa Anita horse race track on Sunday. If someone would have told me that the first week's itinerary would include major brain surgery on Tuesday followed by a day at the races on Sunday, I would have said they were nuts.....but that is just how it happened. Amazing and what an amazing setting with San Gabriel mountains as a backdrop. Thanks to my cousin Chris (Quinn) Hanchette for being our guide that day and helping in numerous other ways. What can you say about awesome cousins, Bridget is blessed with all sorts of fantastic cousins....that would take me days to write about. Thank you McCormick cousins, you amazing people!

Here are the links (both are the same pictures, just listing both to hope that at least one of them works. Be sure you have lots of time and a good internet connection as there are many pictures:

http://cityofhopeandsantaanita.shutterfly.com/

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=cityofhopeandsantaanita&page=cityofhopeandsantaanita&album=23

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Bridget you look great. You too Tom!! Thanks for sending those. Do you think they have any openings for a gardner?! Enjoy your family time!
    Love and prayers,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget and Tom,
    I am so very thankful that all has gone so well. Bridget, you have been in our thoughts and prayers from the day we found out about your brain tumor. Thank you for having this site that is not only informational but also so inspirational. Your daily posts have touched our hearts and now these beautiful pictures! I am glad to hear the kids will join you soon.
    Your wonderful family will remain in our prayers,
    Francine and Bruce Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God that Ryan came by tonight. I have not been on the computer at all since before my surgery, so I had only second hand reports about your progress. Now Ryan linked me into this site, so I can hear the story directly from you. Like everyone else, I am so thankful for these good reports. God is good. I have my friends in Paris praying for you, too, so add them to the worldwide network of prayer. I have been blessed to see the results of prayer SO MANY TIMES, and I could not be happier that you are sharing in those blessings, also. Please know that I will do ANYTHING to help, if you need it. Right now, I am pretty useless, but when I get the go-ahead from the surgeon, I will jump when you whistle.
    If you two ever need other jobs, you both have amazing talents. Bridget, you can write and have Tom(my!) illustrate with his photographs! I am certainly enjoying seeing this artistic side of both of you.
    May God continue to bless all of us!

    Vicki Born

    ReplyDelete
  4. APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAYFLOWERS AND YOU KNOW WHAT MAYFLOWERS BRING? PILGRIMS AND FURNITURE.. AND HOPEFULLY THE BEST LUCK AND BLESSINGS TO BRIDGET.. WE'RE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH AND ESPECIALLY BRIDGET... YOU ARE BOTH SUCH GREAT PEOPLE I'M SURE YOU WILL SURVIVE AND PROSPER.... LOOK AT THE EXPERIENCE AS JUST A MAJOR TUNE UP FOR THE FUTURE... AFTER ALL YOU NEEDED THAT TUMOR LIKE ANOTHER HOLE IN YOUR HEAD... I HOPE IT DOESN'T HURT TO LAUGH. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN PERSON LOOKING LIKE A PAKASTANI CAB DRIVER. THE TURBIN IS ON THE HEAD INSTEAD OF IN THE ENGINE. LOVE, HUGS, AND LIVE, LONG AND PROSPER. MARK & JAN 4/25/09

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm just overwhelmed! I have cried and laughed both as I read through your posts. They were so beautifully written, so much from the heart, that they allow others to almost travel the path with you. I am SO happy to hear that your surgery was sucessful, Bridget! You and Tom and your family have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Your strength and success is an inspiration to anyone facing a hardship.
    Love to all,
    Jenny Mitchell
    ("Ted"'s first mama, at Tealwood!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed with the foliage. I thought I was in Malaysia again, but then I saw Bridget's glowing smile and "heard" her laugh...We had a meeting today at work, and I mentioned you, Bridget, and someone said, do you know how generous she is?!?! Oh yeah, I know....because through your blog, along with Tom's great posts, you are still giving...It's just who you people are. I look forward to your next post and more excellent news! Love, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to see how well you are doing Bridget! It has been so great to read what Tommy posts. I am glad your family was able to visit and my sister Sally to take care of you. She will be sure to find you the best coffee or tea. Take care! Keep smiling! It is great to see.
    Love Cousin Lucy

    ReplyDelete